Q. Where can I make buttons? Can I reserve a button maker?
There are button makers in the Walter Library BreakerSpace and Magrath Library that can be used by UMN students, staff, faculty, departments and student organizations.
- Buttons are sized 1 ¾ inches. Here is just one site which has templates which might be useful if you are making an image.
- We provide the round button maker, circle cutters, instructions, and enough supplies to make approximately 100 buttons (let us know if you need more).
- Button makers can be checked out for up to 2 days (exceptions may be granted).
- Magazines and book covers can be provided upon request.
- Users can opt to pick up the button maker at Walter (East bank) or Magrath Library (St. Paul) or use in the Library.
- For questions regarding the Walter Library button maker please contact Jake Halverson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Kate Peterson (email@example.com). For questions regarding the Magrath Library button maker please contact Amy Gmur (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mark Desrosiers (email@example.com).
Reserve the button maker by filling out this request form. You will receive a confirmation within two business days.
If you want to make a few buttons, you can help yourself in the Walter Library 2nd floor Breakerspace.